All volunteers must have documentation of attendance at the Archdiocese’s Honor Thy Children Safe Environment Workshop and a completed background check on file before they are permitted to volunteer. Information is available regarding the date/time/location of the upcoming Safe Environment Training workshops by clicking here . The application for a background check is available in the parish office. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the training and contact the parish office for the background check.
Each classroom has parents whose services are to:
- Help teachers plan holiday parties, etc.
- Assist faculty in parent-teacher communications
- Be responsible for getting parent volunteers at the Fall Festival
- Be responsible for getting parent volunteers for the monthly Dine and Dash Luncheons
- Oversee and monitor lunch periods (10:30-1:30 pm) & supervise students
- Assist the teachers in the classroom as needed
For the safety of the children, it is expected that a parent or a designated adult supervisor be active and present to and responsible for children when they are engaged in any activity in which the school name is used, be it on our school premises or elsewhere.
For safety reasons, all volunteers and visitors must log the time in and out in the appropriate book located in the school office. Visitors/volunteers will be issued a visitor’s pass, which must be displayed at all times when in the building.